Monday, October 6, 2014

Day 158 | Playgroup Pandemonium

Can you spot my boys? They are in there somewhere.
We ventured out on this beautiful fall day to try out a new playgroup in our area.

The group meets at Heffner Park Community Center and was pure madness (see photo above). It was 20 toddlers squished onto a 10x10 rug all fighting over (I mean, sharing) the same toys. My boys seemed to totally rise above the madness...better than me for that matter. Robbe's ability, in particular, to be enveloped by the kids and noise without being the least bit phased was shocking to me. 

Having said that, the playgroup was more organized than some I've been to in the past. It had an agenda: free play, then storytime/singing, then outdoor play. I can get behind that. It's also super flexible and relaxed so a late arrival (perfect because of Robbe's nap) is no problem. 

The verdict is still out about whether we'll return. I liked a lot about it but the shear number of people in that little room might be enough to dissuade me. That, and the fact that I have to drive (I need more walkable activities!), make me lean towards no, at least not on a weekly basis. Luckily, we can drop in whenever we want without making any sort of commitment (and it's free!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment