Sunday, June 29, 2014

Day 59 | And It All Comes to an End


The family parted ways this morning. It honestly could not have been a better break from reality:

-the resort was perfect 
-there was a ton to do on and off site
-the weather was just fine for what we were hoping to do (Virginia in late June could be disgustingly hot)
-everyone got along (not terribly surprising but you never know with that many people for a whole week)

I love my boys and our new house but I  am not ready to face everyday life again away from the constant support (people actually want to rock my baby to sleep?!?), the meal planning and preparation organized by someone else (I think I did one load of dishes all week...sorry, guys), the distractions from everyone when I wasn't feeling particularly positive, the list goes on and on. 

I'm feeling very lucky to call these people family. And after a week with me, they still agreed to take the above selfie. That's love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment