Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Day 49 | Depicting Motherhood

Is this really what I look like?

Chase gets two baby magazines in the mail and he loves them. For the most part, they're great. New reading material every month, fun songs to learn, and ideas for projects to create.

Over the last few months, though, I've started noticing a trend in how they depict moms. A sweatsuit (and sweatband!)? Hair kerchiefs and aprons? A scrunchie? I swear they have no idea how to represent a modern mom.  I don't get worked up about many things and I can't say that I would consider canceling our subscriptions or anything severe like that, but I wouldn't mind seeing a few more moms that represent me and the moms I see everywhere I go. 

I'm going to go find an apron to put on now...

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I thought sweats and a sweatband were your daily uniform of choice?!? Are they not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, they should at least make them yoga pants and not sweatpants, right? that might be a bit more accurate. :)

    ReplyDelete