Friday, July 29, 2016

Day 804 | "Normal"

What mealtime looks like at new house! At least when we're trying to keep the mess off the
light-colored carpet of the dining room. :)
Today was the first day since July 7 that it's been just me and the boys for any extended period of time. That's insane.

I arrived back from my 19 hours in DC at noon today and we spent all afternoon and evening together. I did everything in my power not to do anything about all the boxes laying around and mess everywhere. I just wanted it to feel like our "normal" life...if only for a few hours. They needed that. And I needed that. 

The move seems to be taking the biggest toll on Robbe. Part of me thinks he held it together for so long (he's really showed no averse side effects of the move at all), that he finally just cracked. He's been grumpy, not eating as well, whining+crying more, wanting to be held (which hasn't been happening at all since my back drama), misbehaving in ways we haven't seen, etc. I can't blame the kid. I've been stressed to the max, too. And I'm an adult with the ability to communicate fully. 

Now that I'm home (and not trying to pull off the biggest surprise ever) and now that Chris will be home on Saturday and now that we're all focused on a bit more kid-centered attention, I'm confident he'll bounceback. Sweet boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment