Thursday, July 14, 2016

Day 790 | Like a Dream

I finally downloaded the photos from the little park get together we hosted last weekend. I'm going to miss these faces. Saying goodbye to these folks (and several others who aren't pictured here) has been about the toughest thing I've done.

Right now, it just feels like we're on our typical Wisconsin summer vacation. The boys and I flew in yesterday and will be living out of a suitcase until our moving truck arrives next weekend. We're heading to Chris's hometown tomorrow...just like we usually do.

Our first day back in Wisconsin could not have been better. It was sunny and 70 degrees. It was filled with family and fun. I even got a bit of a kid-free time when the boys went to the farm with Grandpa. This is why we made the decision we did. This is why we need to live here. These people, this pace of life, the freedom that comes from growing up as a little kid in a small town.

For now, this whole move seems like a dream. I'm in this fuzzy world between the friends and house I said goodbye to yesterday and the boxes and paperwork yet to come next weekend. It's actually probably the perfect place for me right now.

Speaking of dreams...you might be wondering what's going to happen with the blog now that I'm no longer living in the District (I guess I should have picked a more generalized name, who would have thought?). To be honest, I'm not sure where I'll go with the blog. New name? New concept? Maybe. I'm pretty sure I'll continue it in some fashion, but I'm just too wiped out to commit to anything new. For now, keep checking in here on a daily basis. I'll do my best to capture this next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment