Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day 103 | Benefits of Sick Days

A few moments from our rain/sick day today.  Chase with his lego train (thanks, Grandma and Grandpa M!), Robbe with FaceTime smiles, Chase showing off his "fancy riding" skills on our new rocking chairs.
That's right, I said it. There are a *few* benefits to sick days with the kiddos. You've got to stay optimistic at a time like this, right?

Here's my list:
  1. Getting over my fear of staying home: I used to be terrified about staying home with both boys ALL DAY LONG. Even when Robbe took his morning nap at home, we would run out of the house right when he woke up. The last few days have proven that we can stay home and that we won't go totally stir crazy.
  2. Sick baby cuddles: this is an obvious one. Could they be any sweeter?
  3. Taking the good days for granted: no more. Having two sick babies makes me realize even more how lucky we are to have healthy babies the rest of the time.  It's a real reality check.
  4. Two for one: at least both boys are sick at the same time and this won't be drawn out for several weeks as it makes its rounds.  A friend made me realize this (thanks, Maureen!) and I hadn't even thought of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment