Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 18 | Banana Bread

My baking buddy
Cute and a baker...such a great combination!


































I've been trying out a lot of sugar-free, whole wheat recipes since being pregnant with Chase.  This desire increased when I ended up with a toddler in need of healthy snacks. It has dawned on me that a lot of baked goods really don't need the added sugar especially if there's fruit in them.

It's possible that my taste preferences have changed but so far I've successfully taken sugar out of recipes for pancakes, banana bread (which Chase helped me make this weekend), pumpkin muffins, oatmeal balls, fruit muffins, and more. I'm sure I'll share all these recipes (and hopefully a few new ones) as the days go on. Hope you can start to enjoy a few more sugar-free snacks in your life. 

*Sugar-free, Whole Wheat Banana Bread 

  • 2 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1/4 cup plain yogurt
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease pan.
  • Whisk together the flour and baking soda.
  • Mix mashed bananas with yogurt, honey, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla.
  • Add flour mixture and stir until just blended. Do not overmix.
  • Pour batter into prepared pan.
  • Bake large loaf for 40 – 50 minutes or until it comes clean with a knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment