Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Day 818 | I'm Back

Robbe's first trip to the dentist!
I was hoping that if I took a blogging break I would miraculously have all this extra time on my hands, but alas, that didn't happen. I do have to say that I did love not having *another thing* on my to do list, but I'll also say that blogging is so engrained in my daily life that I had several thoughts every day about how great [fill in the blank] would be for the blog!

What have we been up to, you might ask? Well let me break it down for you:
  • We bought + received + assembled our new couch and patio furniture...overstock.com really came through.
  • We took a miniature train ride in Carson Park. Don't worry, we have to go back to ride the steamie (Sunday's trip was on the diesel train), so you'll get to see photos.
  • I painted Chase's room with my mom's help. It's blue, of course, and amazing. 
  • Chris and I enjoyed evenings full of Olympic action. It's so addicting!
  • A family friend weeded a flower bed of ours (it took hours + hours!) and we discovered a water fountain. And my uncles hooked up the pump today so it's actually working. Who knew we'd ever be classy enough to have a water feature in our yard?
  • Chase and Robbe painted some rocks to complete the summer reading program we signed up for a week and a half ago. These two are reading all stars.
  • We procured a new [used] car. A sweet Honda Accord joined our little Honda family. 
  • I found the perfect train table! I've been scouring craigslist and one popped up really close by. Chase just kept saying, "I'm so excited, I'm so excited!" I think Robbe felt similarly. One of Chase's best comments, "Mom, now we don't have to pick up our tracks when you vacuum." Ha! 
  • I went to a girls-only movie with some of my favorite cousins. I seriously (no exaggeration) can't remember when I've been to a movie without Chris. Is that sweet or sad? I'll go with sweet. By the way, we saw Bad Moms and it was hysterical. 
  • I've been working hard with Mary Catherine to check client work off the list before her wee one arrives. 
  • Stopped into our local Children's Museum for an olympic-themed visit.
  • We checked off another round of dentist appointments off the list...it was Robbe's first! See photo above. 
Unfortunately, because of all this action, I didn't get to work on my new blog at all. I know, I'm disappointed, too. My plan is to keep the same photo-a-day format under a new name (I'm not in the District anymore, after all) and new look. Exciting, right? I finally settled on the perfect name (just today!), but I've got some work to do on my site. Until that happens, I'll continue with this as my blogging home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment