Saturday, August 6, 2016

Day 813 | Family + Summer Fest Fun

Whoa. It was a busy [and lovely] day. I'm exhausted and, instead of look at patio furniture online for the next hour (my usual nightly routine as of late), I'm headed up to bed.

But before I do, here are some of today's highlights:
  • Home-grown vegetables delivered to me right after breakfast (thanks, Jo + Randy!)
  • Petting zoo + pony rides + tattoos + strolling along the river with my mom during Summer Fest
  • Shopping + laughing with some of my favorite people in the whole world (nieces are the best!)
  • Scoring big at a local consignment store (three dresses + a top for $35!)
  • Dinner taken care of by someone else...including grocery pick up + cooking (you're the best, dad!)
  • More quality family time spent walking downtown and then giving up on the movie on the lawn...who knew it was going to start at 9pm? Turns out I was the only one who didn't know that. Sorry, Chase, you'll get your first outdoor movie eventually!
The only obvious hole in an otherwise wonderful day was Chris. His obligation to his class reunion pulled him in another direction. I'm sure he had just as much fun, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment