Friday, September 18, 2015

Day 502 | Closing Out Summer

It was 87 degrees in the District today. Urgh. Have I mentioned how I'm so over summer? Well, I am. Where are the cooler temps and does this mean we're going to go from 90 degrees to 40 degrees without anything in between? That better not be the case. 

In honor of the never-ending summer, I'll post my favorite warm-weather cocktail. We came up with this gem after having strawberry puréed baby food leftover when Robbe stopped needing purees. See? Having kids is totally worth it!

Here's the recipe for strawberry gin and tonics:
  • 2 oz gin (use more or less depending on your taste preference)
  • 10 oz tonic 
  • *Two strawberry ice cubes (they dissolve while you drink it = delicious)
*To make the strawberry pureed cubes, just blend up some thawed-out frozen strawberries (we find they are actually a bit better than fresh ones) and freeze in ice cube trays. No extra ingredients, super easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment