Sunday, May 10, 2015

Day 373 | Happiest of Mother's Day

We're busy celebrating the total joy of being a mom today around here but I needed to take a second to give necessary kudos to four unbelievable moms that I've been lucky enough to grow up with.

1. My mom, obviously. I'm one of the lucky ones here. I call the same woman my mom and my best friend. Her knowledge, independence, work ethic, compassion for others, and no nonsense demeanor have always been, and continue to be, an inspiration to me. She's one of the strongest people I know and I'm lucky every single day that I got to grow up with such an amazing role model in every sense of the phrase.

2. & 3. My grandmas. I'll lump them into one just because it feels right. Although I've had two very different relationships with these women (one was local, one was not), they have always been examples of how to foster a happy family life. In two very different situations, they managed to raise children who genuinely enjoy spending time together and have developed a sense of family that continues to be passed down from generation to generation. That's all I can dream of doing for my babies.

4. My mother in-law. She may not have been someone I grew up with (except for the last 13+ years, that is), but she raised my perfect soul mate and for that I'm eternally grateful. Her empathy, generosity, and optimism never cease to amaze me. I couldn't have asked for a better family to fall into.

No comments:

Post a Comment