Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Day 361 | Chicken-less Nuggets

I found the inspiration for this recipe when Chase was Robbe's age and have been making it sporadically (whenever I think of it) ever since. It does take a bit of extra prep time leading up to lunch so that's the main challenge for me. 

These are about the most simple chicken-less nugget imaginable. Two ingredients: tofu (I prefer the extra-firm organic variety in the square container) and whole wheat flour. Oh, and oil for the pan. 

Here's the scoop:

Cut the tofu into 1/2 by 1/2 inch strips. Once you have your strips,cut those into thirds (so they're about nugget-size).
Coat the tofu with the flour on all sides (you can add some seasoning, salt and pepper, if you prefer).
Heat oil in a pan on the stove over medium heat.
Cook until browned and turn as necessary.

There you go! Let 'em cool and feed them to the kiddos. Mine gobble them up. And I'll admit, with a little ketchup they do the trick for me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment