Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Day 341 | Virgie's Chicken

One of my favorite comfort food recipes is, hands-down, Virgie's Chicken. My family has been making this chicken dish for as long as I can remember. I'm excited to report that my boys (all three of them) love this dish as much as I do. Chase even eats his stuffing before he finishes his fruit. That never happens.

Virgie's Chicken
  • 6-8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I prefer the thinner cutlets or smaller chicken breasts or will cut larger ones in half)
  • Swiss cheese
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup (I actually use cream of mushroom because the bits of chicken creep me out)
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 1 package seasoned croutons 
  • 1 stick margarine (I use butter...never have margarine on hand)
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease bottom of 9x13 baking dish
  • Place croutons on bottom of pan
  • Mix milk, soup and margarine together and pour over croutons in pan. Stir to coat croutons.
  • Lay chicken breasts on top of croutons and cover chicken with slices of cheese
  • Bake one hour, cover during first half of baking
*Bonus: this dish takes fifteen minutes to prep and you can make the dish early and delay start the oven. My favorite types of recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment