Thursday, July 3, 2014

Day 64 | Sleep Like a Baby

 
Not every day is a dream. 

Full disclosure: I wrote this post several days ago. I didn't post it at the time because I didn't want to bring you all down into my black hole with me. I purposely waited until Robbe had a couple good nights (he has!) to give us all (ok, mostly me) a little bit of hope. Who knows what tonight will bring and who knows how long the next good stretch will last. I'll just hold on to the last couple of nights and keep reminding myself it's all a phase. 

Sleep like a baby? What a joke. How did this phrase come to be? Obviously it originated from a non-parent. Babies are not good sleepers. They are loud breathers, stir constantly and the slightest bit of tummy rumblings wake them up (or is it just my boys?). And that's not even mentioning the frequent night wakings. Which is what brings me to this post...

I'm tired. Really really tired. Possibly because it's 4am as I type and so far I've had about 2.5 hours of sleep tonight. Not my favorite. 

Call it a sleep regression, call it a wonder week, call it coming down with something, call it gas, call it just being a baby, call it whatever you want, I just want it over with. 

As a second time parent, I know that everything is a phase and all the really hard moments will pass. Somehow that doesn't make it any easier when you're up for the third time before 330am. When will it end? Will I survive to witness the end? What comes after the "end"? 

Have I mentioned...I'm really really tired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment