Monday, March 14, 2016

Day 671 | The Cupcakes

As promised, a separate blog post dedicated to my favorite food item from the party: the cupcakes.

These turned out so delicious that I had to share it with you all and document it for myself for future use.

Here's what I did:
  • Used a regular chocolate cake mix for the actual cupcakes
  • Used this strawberry frosting recipe with a two modifications: 1. I used an entire container of strawberries and 2. I omitted the last 1/2 cup of powdered sugar-it just didn't need it. Initially my frosting seemed to lack as much strawberry flavor as I'd hoped but the strawberry definitely came out more after sitting for a bit (I would even consider overnight).
  • Pureed a pack of regular stuffed Oreos in my Vitamix. Then sprinkled heavily on top. It turned into the most real-looking dirt I could have imagined. Somehow all the stuffing got evenly distributed into the crumbs of the cookies. Perfect!
These will definitely make an appearance at a future party. I love it when an idea comes together!

No comments:

Post a Comment