Friday, January 22, 2016

Day 620 | The Calm Before the Storm


We woke up to a beautiful sunrise this morning ahead of what's going to be a crazy few days (with limited sunshine). The boys and I (Chase had his first official snow day) walked to breakfast at our favorite locale and I couldn't help but think to myself how bizarre it is to see the city going about it's normal business with the Great Blizzard of 2016 knocking on its door. And how different everything will look (in terms of busy-ness, traffic, activity, the landscape) in just a few short hours.

The snow started about three hours ago (1pm) and continues to fall in a beautiful, light, still fashion as I type (from what I hear, that's going to change). The sights and sounds of snowplows are a frequent disturbance outside our window (the city is on it!) but otherwise things seem normal. We are prepared to hunker down and enjoy the picturesque nature of it all. Hopefully we're doing that in a well-heated house. I'll keep you posted.

And one article for your reading pleasure, in case you don't have any idea what's going on outside our window.

No comments:

Post a Comment